Like most gamers, you’ll want your Razer gaming laptop to last longer right?. But have you ever thought about how long do Razer laptops last? And more importantly, how can you extend your Razer laptop’s lifespan?
This Laptopsdot guide post discusses the lifespan of Razer laptops. Know how long the battery lasts and make sure it’s a reliable machine. We’ll also tell you Razer laptop affects and guide you on how can you extend your Razer’s battery life.
How Long Do Razer Laptops Last in 2022?
The lifespan of your Razer laptops depends on how you use them. If your laptop is not properly cared for, your system will die in less than a year. But if you know how to care and make sure everything is in order, your Razer gaming laptop will last 5-6 years. Also, a well-maintained Razer laptop can last two more years than its original time.
What Affects Razer Laptop Lifespan?
Let’s understand the factors that affect the lifespan of your Razer laptop. Razer laptops are designed to last and provide the ultimate gaming experience. However, many things affect the lifespan of a Razer laptop. How you use it, how you use it, and how you clean it will also affect the lifespan of your Razer laptop.
Other factors such as poor temperature management, incorrect positioning, and blocked ventilation are all valid factors for shortening life.
Overheating is one of the most common problems found on any gaming laptop. This issue can cause your laptop to slow down, freeze, reboot, and in the worst-case shut down while in use.
Walkthrough-Laptop Won’t Turn On But The Power Light Is On
Also, excessive overheating can damage laptop components and shorten their lifespan if left unattended.
Here are some fixes you can try if your Razer laptop is experiencing this issue:
- Check your fan to make sure it is clean. If there is damage such as a broken blade, replace it immediately.
- Clean the motherboard to remove any dust.
- Do not use the laptop on a soft surface that absorbs heat.
- It uses a cooling pad to help the laptop’s fan keep the device at the optimum temperature.
2. Battery reduction
Continuous use of your Razer laptop will drain the battery and drain the battery quickly. In a few cases, a faulty charger can cause battery problems. When the battery is low, your laptop’s gaming performance may decrease, which may result in slower gameplay. If you encounter this problem, here are some quick solutions:
- If the battery condition affects the performance of the notebook, please replace the battery.
- Repair or replace defective power adapter immediately to avoid affecting battery health.
3. Loose keyboard keys
Some users have reported that Razer laptops often have loose keyboard keys, especially when used a lot. This should not come as a surprise, as gaming can cause your keyboard to come loose as you have to press certain keys repeatedly.
How long is the Razer laptop battery life?
Razer laptops are no different from other gaming laptops and require a lot of power to run resource-intensive hardware. And battery life isn’t the best on all gaming laptops. But if you’re looking for a laptop that can last for hours without recharging, the Razer Blade isn’t for you.
On average, most people report that a full charge regularly takes about 2-3 hours. So, if you’re going to use your laptop for more than light browsing and document editing on the go, you’ll probably want to keep it near an electrical outlet. You must always connect to an outlet to play.
How long will the Razer Blade 14 battery last?
For any gaming laptop battery, time is of the essence. The Razer Blade 14 is the largest gaming laptop ever. You can easily use this laptop for 12 hours a day.
How long will the Razer Blade 15 battery last?
The Razer Blade 15 is one of the most advanced sports laptops out there. It has powerful specifications that come with a smooth and elegant design. The Razer Blade 15’s battery timing is pretty good. You can use this laptop for 5-6 hours. However, it still provides gamers with the best gaming experience ever on a portable gaming computer.
How to expand the Razer laptop battery life in 2022?
All gaming laptops are designed with heat dissipation in mind, and some perform better than others like the Razer. The reason Razer laptops come with great cooling systems is to ensure that key components are not damaged by heat.
By following some simple processes listed below, you will have every opportunity to make your Razer laptop last longer, perform much better, and save you some money in the long run.
1. Power plan management
Power plans are a set of system and hardware settings that allow you to manage how your laptop consumes and saves power. By default, there are three predefined plans: Balanced, Power Saving, and High Performance.
- Click the Windows search bar and type Choose a power plan.
- You can select from predefined plans by clicking Change plan settings. There are also several options to customize various settings in the left navigation panel.
- If you want to create a power plan, you can do that.
- Under Power Options, click Create Power Plan in the left navigation corner.
- Choose a plan similar to the power plan you are creating and give it a new name. Click Next.
- Select the desired sleep and display settings and click Create. When the new power plan appears in the Choose a power plan window, you’re all set.
2. Close Additional Application
Each app you use consumes energy and space, even if you minimize the app window. So close the app if you don’t want to use it.
- On your laptop, go to Settings > System > Battery > Battery usage by app.
- See which apps consume the most power.
- Next, check if an update is required. If so, install the update.
- Go back to Settings > Privacy > Background Apps.
- You will see that there will be a “Choose apps that can run in the background” section. Below this, turn off
- the toggle switches for the apps you want to limit and consume the most battery power.
- Finally, you should close and close the app completely when not in use.
3. Reduce the brightness
High light settings can drain the battery. Lower the brightness to prolong battery life. You can use the keys on your Razer laptop computer to adjust settings or use the display settings in Windows.
4. Disconnect peripherals when not in use
Connecting some devices like keyboard, mouse, etc to your portable razer laptop can drain battery life faster. So, to extend the battery, you need to disconnect it when not working.